Monday, October 25, 2010

Rempah Kari Udang Hitam

Have you ever heard about Rempah Kari Udang Hitam? Itu sebenarnya adalah masakan khas resepiku.

Saturday morning,
I feel like cooking. So, I asked my mum what to cook for breakfast. She said "Jemput-jemput ngan udang ragau taruk cili ngan bawang besar sekali". I mixed up all the ingredients and she fried it. Everyone was enjoyed with the Jemput-jemput Udang Ragau.

After finished breakfast,
Ibu: Apa ibu nak masak harini eh? Angah, awak pandai masak ape eh?
Me: Sambal sardin, sambal udang, sotong kicap reti lah.
Ibu: Tapi semalam dah makan ikan. Masak udang lah.
Me: Udang apa? Kari? Kicap? Sambal? Lemak?
Ibu: Karilah. Awak reti masak tak?
Me: Tak pernah,tapi cara-cara nak buat tau lah.
Ibu: Masukkan sekali kentang nanti. Masak sekali kubis.
Me: Ok!

I cleaned up the table and wash all the dishes and straight away went upstairs to study.
Click! The clock shows sharp at 11. Oh, my little sister. Need to fetch her from tuition centre. Ibu and ayah went out to fixed their house at section 19. After that I started cooking.

The first part was tumis daun kari. Succesful! Bau naik and put in the white and red onion until it smells. After that put in 3 senduk of rempah kari udang babas. Here comes the unexpected part.
Nak kering mcam nak terhangus pulak. tambah la minyak lg. It turns into black. i put water but it didnt help at all. Panic came all over my body. I let it on the stove for couple of minutes. The colour still didnt change at all. So, I decided to throw away the previous one and cook using a new rempah. Luckily the second part of Rempah Kari is Rempah Kari Udang Normal. Yeah, I did it on my own.

Ibu told me, if u are not used to it, try to put the rempah kari in a cup of water first, then you put it in the periuk. Ok! Next time gonna try again. Heheh. Thanx for the useful information.

No comments: